For 7 months old
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Onion
2 Large Tomato, diced
1 Medium Carrot, washed, peeled and diced
1 Clove of Garlic, mashed
150g Minced Lean Beef
2 Medium Potatoes, washed peeled & diced
1/2 cup Frozen Peas
1/4 cup Vegetable stock /water
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion until fragrant and translucent. (about 5 mins)
- Stir in tomatoes, carrot, peas and garlic. Continue to sauté for another 5 mins.
- Add minced beef and stock/water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for about 25-30 mins. (until meat is thoroughly cooked). Save the stock.
- In another small saucepan, boil potatoes until tender; drain.
- Once all the ingredients are cooled, use a hand held blender or food processor, puree meat mixture and potatoes. Add a tablespoon of left over stock at a time to achieve the desired consistency. If you find that the puree is still too thick, you can add more stock.
- Pour the puree into the baby cubes or ice cube trays and freeze.
· I pack each baby cube with approx. 75ml of puree for convenience. Yields 8 cubes
· You may double the portion to achieve more.
· This stew is like our shepherd’s pie but baby version :P