1 cup Broccoli florets, washed and discard yellow bits.
1 Medium Carrot - washed, peeled and diced
2 cups Vegetable stock or water
1/3 cup Organic Brown Rice, grind to a finer grains.
- In a saucepan, add 2cups of either vegetable stock or water and boil the carrot & broccoli for about 10-15mins. Simmer with the lid on to prevent evaporation of stock.
- Once the vegetables are tender, use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables. Save the stock.
- Pour the organic brown rice into the saved stock and cook to a boil. Stir once and reduce heat.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer for about 50mins. Once done, remove from heat and let it stand for 10mins. Save the stock again.
- Use a hand held blender or food processor, puree rice & vegetables. Add a tablespoon of left over stock at a time to achieve the desired consistency. If you find that the puree is still too thick, you can add more stock.
- Pour the puree into the baby cubes or ice cube trays and freeze.
· I pack each baby cube with approx. 60ml of puree for convenience.
· You may double the potion to achieve more.
. I find that it is a lot easier to cook when the rice grains are grinded.