For 7 months old
100g Minced Chicken
½ tsp Tarragon leaves (optional)
1 Medium Carrot, washed, peeled and diced
1 cup Broccoli florets, discard the yellow bits
1 stalk Celery, washed trimmed and thinly sliced
1 small Onion, cut into quarters
1 Large Potato, washed peeled & cut into cubes
2 ½ cups Vegetable stock or water
1/3 cup Macaroni
- In a medium pot, place chicken & tarragon in water and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, celery, carrots, onion and potato; reduce heat and simmer for about 25mins or until the vegetables are tender. Keep the pot partially covered.
- Stir occasionally, the consistency should be that of a thick stew and if there is too much liquid, remove the lid and continue to simmer for 5-10mins more.
Once the vegetables & macaroni are tender, use a slotted spoon to remove. Save the stock and leave the macaroni mixture to cool.
- Once cooled, use a hand held blender or food processor, puree macaroni & vegetables. Add a tablespoon of left over stock at a time to achieve the desired consistency. If you find that the puree is still too thick, you can add more stock.
- Pour the puree into the baby cubes or ice cube trays and freeze.
· I pack each baby cube with approx. 60ml of puree for convenience. Yields 8 baby cubes (60ml each)
· You may double the potion to achieve more.
· This stew is so fragrant that I feel like eating it myself :P