2 months in the freezer.
1 Large yellow onion – cut into quarters
2 Medium carrots – washed, peeled & cut into small pieces
2 Ears of Sweet Corn – Chop into small segments
5 stalks Celery, washed trimmed and cut into small pieces
½ cut Chinese Cabbage (Wongbok)
3 Litres Water
1. Thoroughly wash all the vegetables.
2. Peel the onions, carrots and remove the husk/silk from the sweet corn.
3. Bring the water to the boil and add all the chopped vegetables. Cover the pot.
4. When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 -2.5 hours.
5. Once the stock is done, strain the stock and allow to cool before storing.
- I use small glass containers (lock n lock series) to store the stock. Each container is approx. 220ml.
- My suggestion is to store the stock in 2 types of containers. One around 220ml for mixing into cereal etc and the other in 500ml for cooking porridge etc.
- I used this stock to mix into the plain rice cereal and my son loves it J The stock can be used to cook baby porridge to give it a better flavour. Enjoy!