Marinate for chicken
1 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
3 tsps Corn Flour
Seasoning for rice
2 tbsps Light Soya Sauce
3 tsps Dark Soya Sauce
1 tsp Salt
2 tsps Oyster Sauce
Dash of Sesame Oil & Pepper
- Marinate the chicken pieces for at least 30mins. Sealed with cling wrap and keep in the fridge.
- Fry onions until golden brown, add 1 tsp of dried shallots and continue to fry for 1 min.
- Add dried shrimps and fry until fragrant. Add Mushrooms and 1 tsp of sugar and fry for a while.
- Push the dried shimps and mushrooms to the side of the wok. Add chicken and fry until the chicken is half cook (pale white colour)
- Add pumpkin and continue to stir-fry for 1 min. Add a little oil if the mixture look dry.
- Add pre-soaked rice, 1 tsp of fried shallots and the seasonings. Stir until the mixture are well mixed.
- Transfer all the mixture into the rice cooker. Add 1 cup of the mushroomwater plus 4-5cups of water/chicken stock.
- Cover and press cook.
- Serve hot sprinkled with spring onions and more fried shallots.
- You can either use fresh of dried mushroom. For fresh mushrooms, wash with running water and cut into small pieces.
- If you're going to serve the rice to toddlers under 2 yrs old, omit the dried shrimps & oyster sauce.